onHisBUM

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, 25 April 2013

WTF! This Bike Is Over 14 Feet Tall... WATCH.

Posted on 09:03 by Unknown
A bike is a bike is a bike. Unless the bike is “Stoopid Tall,” a heavily modified 14-and-a-half-foot-tall monstrosity ridden and built by Richie Trimble.

Trimble spoke with LA Streets Blog about his recent adventure riding his bike on the streets of Los Angeles. Trimble recorded the journey for posterity.
I think I’m an adrenaline junky. The whole build up before riding Stoopid Tall is probably my favorite part. The anticipation of what it’s going to be like. I am worried about this hundred pound bike gaining momentum and hurting someone else along the way. It’s a huge risk.

The most terrifying part for Trimble (and for anyone watching the footage) comes when he’s forced to fit under a freeway overpass. Here’s how Trimble described the experience to LA Streets Blog:
That moment was amazing because you see the freeway coming. I could see the top of the cars going by and I had never seen that before. And everyone is cheering for me to touch the bridge. I reach up and high five the bridge. As I go under, I drag my hand along the top and I’m thinking, ‘Wow, I’m probably the only person to have touched this besides the workers that built the overpass.’ And that was pretty chilling, but then I realize that the street I was on was at an incline and the bridge above me was banking, the gap was closing in on me. And all I could think was, ‘Holy s***! What am I going to do if I can’t make it out? How do I wedge myself up against this and still make it out? What do I do?’ I could feel the crowd below me, they all knew what was coming. All eyes on me and this bridge closing down on me. It got to the point where my body, my back was parallel to the ground and I looked at my hand and I had about two inches clearance above my knuckles and then I came out from under the bridge and the whole crowd ROARED! A deafening scream of ‘Holy s***, you made it!’ And I swear, those smiles must have lasted the whole ride. That was the moment for everyone.
You can watch Trimble’s journey below. For those with an aversion to adult language, beware that Trimble lets loose with some profanity when things get particularly hairy.


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in Auto, Photos, Tech, Videos, WTF | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • 3 Ordinary Things That Can Be Terrifying Weapons
    1 Chainlocks A  chainlock  (also known as “smiley”) is as simple as an improvised weapon can get. It has precisely two parts: One heavy piec...
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger Dog?
      Take a look at the dog below. What do you think ? Pretty sure that you don't believe what your eyes are seeing, you might think that ...
  • North Korea Threatens to Close Factories It Runs With South
      North Korea , reiterating that it considered the Korean Peninsula back in “a state of war,” threatened Saturday to shut down a factory com...
  • How Chinese Billionaire Pays $800,000 to Find ‘Pure Wife’
    They say you can’t put a price on love, but a mysterious Chinese millionaire is trying to prove everyone wrong by spending a matchmaking ser...
  • $10,000 Bounty On Man Who Kills Duck In Texas
    The brutal torture and murder of a popular duck in Texas has prompted outrage and a huge reward for anyone who can bring the human perpetrat...
  • VIDEO: Why Trafficked Nigerian Women Refuse To Come Back Home
    This video is not new but it gives an insight into why trafficked Nigeria women in Europe, especially Italy, prefers to stay over there than...
  • How 11-year old played dead to survive Syria massacre
    When the gunmen began to slaughter his family, 11-year-old Ali el-Sayed says he fell to the floor of his home, soaking his clothes with his ...
  • 10 Fascinating Facts About Pope Francis
    Habemus Papam!  This Latin phrase meaning “we have a pope”—uttered by the Cardinal Protodeacon upon the elevation of a new supreme pontiff—h...
  • Facebook hacked, says no user data compromised
    Facebook says it was recently hacked, though it says no data about its more than a billion users was compromised. The company described the ...
  • Twi-line – A Phone Line for Twilight Fans Struggling to Cope with the Series’ End
    One of the biggest film franchises ever made, the Twilight Saga came to an end with the launch of Breaking Dawn – Part 2. It was a celebrat...

Categories

  • Animals (30)
  • Architecture (9)
  • Arts (5)
  • Auto (9)
  • Events (6)
  • Foods (3)
  • Funny (39)
  • nature (6)
  • News (327)
  • Photos (91)
  • Places (18)
  • risky (7)
  • Tech (30)
  • Travel (17)
  • Videos (26)
  • WTF (187)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (382)
    • ►  September (26)
    • ►  August (82)
    • ►  July (107)
    • ►  June (74)
    • ►  May (38)
    • ▼  April (25)
      • Man With Largest Penis, Releases 'It's Too Big,' A...
      • 5 Beauty Surgeries Gone Terribly Wrong
      • India’s Dangerous Human-Powered Ferris Wheels
      • Baby Sold On Facebook: Grandfather Arrested After ...
      • WTF! This Bike Is Over 14 Feet Tall... WATCH.
      • Lotto Winner Spends $1 Million On Marijuana
      • Mind-Reading Headphones Play Music Based on Your Mood
      • Guy Is Suing His Parents for Not Loving Him Enough...
      • 5-Month-Old On Life Support After Being Smothered ...
      • Amid 'unbelievable feeling of sadness,' Marathon C...
      • Photo Of Mystery Man On Roof During Boston Bombing...
      • Say What? 84-Year-Old Woman Accused Of Hiring Hit ...
      • Video: Mom Tosses Baby On Bus To Fight Woman For '...
      • Gorilla Photobombs Kids At Australia Zoo
      • Teacher, Quits Job To Focus On Pole Dancing Full Time
      • Chinese Gaming Addict Has Spent the Last 6 Years i...
      • 5-Year-Old Banned From Ohio School Because Of Moha...
      • Weeping for Strangers – The Professional Mourners ...
      • Thai Family Uses Crocodiles as Watchdogs to Fend O...
      • Must Watch Video: Nigeria’s Skin Bleaching Epidemi...
      • Pink Lip Tattoos – The Latest in Nigerian Men’s Fa...
      • Mother Arrested For Slapping A Child She Thought W...
      • Father Shoots Dog To Retrieve Son's Finger From St...
      • Google Nose April Fools' Day Prank: Practical Joke...
      • WOW!!! See Oil Runs Through Streets After Spill
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (118)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (29)
    • ►  May (55)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile